Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

6/16/11

WHARRGARBL... The Sequel to UREMDURDRDURDURDRDRDUR

After the positive response of my UREMDURDRDURDURDRDRDUR post yesterday, I wanted to revisit the topic of funny sounds you hear in the real world, and the fun ways to spell them out.

The main reason this idea went from one simple post into a theme was because of this picture:


When I first saw this picture, I laughed for a long, long time.  Tears were streaming from my eyes.  My girlfriend thought I was delirious... (and she didn't think it was as funny as I did...)  I had flashbacks of my dog Ozzie doing this when I was 5 years old.  I could see him in my imagination, attacking the sprinklers, and what better way to describe the noise than WHARRGARBL?

Now, WHARRGARBL isn't just for poochy anymore.  Anyone who has ever driven in a convertible has probably had a WHARRGARBL face like Mr. Jeremy Clarkson over there.  Granted, he's probably close to 200mph in this picture, but you get the idea.

WHARRGARBL can also be used to illustrate the sound one makes while gargling mouthwash, but there is no way to make an attractive picture of that.  You can just remember this when you're swishing and about to gargle.  Try not to choke too much...

You could pretty much take any action from a dog, and turn it into a funny spelling in one way or another.  For example:

BRRRGRBLRBLRGLRBLRRGL!  When a dog is drying off, or just shaking to loosen up his fur, the poor pup's face definitely looks like a
BRRRGRBLRBLRGLRBLRRGL. 

To all the doggies out there, beware of humans with a camera and a twisted sense of humor.  We will exploit your funny faces, and turn you into demotivational posters.  This is especially true for pugs or other cockeyed canines...

Sometimes it's not what you hear at the moment, but what you see.  When I watch Fox News and listen to the pundits who love to hear themselves talk, and cater to idiots who will believe any conspiracy theory you throw at them, I see this:

I don't care what you're saying, because it makes just about as much sense as fgsfds.  In fact, you may make even more sense if you simply said "fgsfds fgsfds fgsfds" over and over again.  Don't worry.  The simpletons that actually believe what you say won't be able to tell the difference...

Lastly, sometimes actual words are funnier than the ones we can make up.  In 2010, an Icelandic volcano named Eyjafjallajökull made headlines in the news.  As you can see, it also became a pop culture topic on "Who wants to be a millionaire." I wonder if this was the million-dollar question, or one of the lower-level ones? Either way, I doubt this dude progressed beyond this stumper.

That is, unless he's from Iceland. For some reason, I'm doubting it.

What other fun non-word words can you think of? Please feel free to share with the community by leaving a comment below.
Please Share it! :)

33 witty retorts:

The Angry Lurker said...

I remember a lot of them, my dogs are addicted to hose pipes and water.

Pickleope said...

I love these onomatopoetic posts...mainly because I like trying to replicate the sound myself and look like a crazy person in the process.

Al Penwasser said...

Doesn't "fgsfds" translate to "Haircut and 'Just For Men'. Stat"?
Plus, as far as that volcano question....for any question involving Icelandic cities, the good default answer is always "Reykjavik."
I lived there for a year and a half. Lava fields, glaciers, and Reykjavik. Beautiful country, but that just about sums it up.

Drake Sigar said...

“WHARRGARBL” sounds a lot like me motorboating boobies, because ever since that ironic boating accident which claimed my lips, I haven’t been able to make the proper noise.

Zombie said...

oh those dogs! lol.

Random Girl said...

And it's Drake for the win..... funny made funnier. I love you boys!

Ante Babaja said...

hahaha last picture is epic :D is it shoped?

Jeff said...

I did this the other day when I was sending text messages to my girlfriend while I was taking a shit.

After a "plop" and a "ker-sploosh," I sent her a "pfffftthhuuthhuhthhh."

She thought it was gross until I sent her the accompanying picture -- now she takes my phone away from me before I go to the bathroom.

Melanie said...

mmmmmmrrrrrrowwwww...my cats.

Unknown said...

I wish I could spell that noise that isn't quite a "pscht" that you make while I kinda cock my head to the side and my face says

"I don't think so", "Okayyyyy" or possibly "who do you think you are"

Do you know that noise? Can you spell it for me?

Bart said...

fgsfds always reminds me of strongbad.

Anonymous said...

"WHARRGARBL" happens when Chuck Norris Walks into a room LOL

Salted Plum said...

I like that the dogs look smarter than Clarkson.

Mile2Marathon said...

ahaha very funny post, i enjoyed that

Unknown said...

haha great pics :) love the volcano one

Julie Ferguson said...

LOL, my dog Lucy makes many of those sounds. She also snores so loud the house vibrates.

Squatlo said...

I used to jump on the PA system in the factory where I worked to make announcements in a sing-song kind of Scandinavian/Swedish thing, saying, "Ifney flurdley heemel hymer!" a time or two and then hanging up.
People in the plant would stop what they were doing, look around to see if anyone else had heard something strange, and then continue on with their work.
I was bored at work a lot.

D4 said...

This reminds me of a thing I do. When I'm bored and have nothing to do online, I'll go to a random chat room and "beat box". It's hilarious :D

Handflapper said...

Pbbbbffffffttts. You know, that sound you make when you blow through your pressed together lips.

Nia Langley said...

Hahaha oh my days. Very very funny! =)

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

The Frisky Virgin said...

I started thinking of my puppy when I saw the first pic--if he got into a sprinkler, it was quite by accident; he would stand there looking at us like, "Really?" He HATED to have any part of him wet--paws, tail, anything. Oh, and walking in rain or snow--God forbid. He would literally lift each paw up and almost tiptoe. It was these times when he reminded me a great deal of Niles on Frasier.

Astronomy Pirate said...

I don't see whats so hard about pronouncing Eyjafjallajökull? It just takes a second to say.

ScottD said...

some classics!

Anonymous said...

AHAHA! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

AHAHA! Hilarious!

Lendo Khar said...

Fgsfds will always have a place in my heart. My favorite fgsfds macro is the one with Kirk.

Aaron M. Gipson said...

I agree with you on the Fox news thing, David came up with a conspiracy theory last week about how Sesame Street is a liberal plot to brainwash children.

I think another sound that you're describing would be "OM NOM NOM NOM". Lord knows I utter that whenever I'm munching down on a pizza or something.

Lady Estrogen said...

That's a great look for Jeremy Clarkson. LOL

Dan Carter said...

aha, very good post :D

ElliotGreen said...

hahaha oh god, the who wants to be a millionaire photo is priceless

Sinclair said...

Made me laugh hysterically! Hahahahahahaha!

Pieter MD said...

Lol'd hard

Shaw said...

Loved that millionaire sketch on snl

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!