Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

6/15/11

Reason #25,846 I love my Children

My kids have the uncanny ability to make me laugh, even when I know I'm not supposed to.

Last week I was talking to them on the phone.  Their mom tried to interrupt to tell me something, and my 3yo pipes up and goes "NO mommy!  I'm on the phone with daddy.  Chill out and wait your turn."

I chastised him a little bit, because you're not supposed to talk to mom like that, but I was laughing my ass off.

My oldest, since he could crawl, was always finding ways to make daddy crack up.  His favorite toy that got me every time?  The door stops in our apartment.

He'd smack that thing over and over, and he had this infectious giggle.  If you remember the show Webster from the 80's, it was kind of like that.

Hearing the UREMDURDRDURDURDRDRDUR... followed by him rolling on the floor laughing.  This was one of my fondest memories of him as an infant.

And he still knows how to get me going.  Earlier this week, he stops mid-conversation and goes "Hey dad, guess what?"

"What is it?"

UREMDURDRDURDURDRDRDUR...  he has doorstops at mommy's house, and still loves to make them boing.


Like father, like son.  Always entertaining, always trying to get a laugh out of people...
Please Share it! :)

39 witty retorts:

Pickleope said...

I love that a 3 year old said "chill out". Very sweet.

The Angry Lurker said...

Good kid, funny.

Drake Sigar said...

I played with those until I was eight. And the only reason I stopped is because we moved into a house which didn’t have them. :P

Unknown said...

Lmbo first of all I have to say KUDOS for figuring out how to spell the sound out. I think I would crack up too, I love hearing babies laugh

Lady Estrogen said...

My sons LOVE that too - but the sneaky buggers figured out early on how to twist them in order to detach them from the wall. Ugh.

And?
LOVE that label, cuz really, I'm sure it'll come up again soon! LOL

Zombie said...

That was so entertaining when I was a kid!!! lol.

Mile2Marathon said...

nice post, i know what you mean about wantin to laugh but knowing you shouldn't cos it might set a bad example!

Annah said...

What a cutie! :) God bless them and you are very lucky.

LOVE children.

Jon Hanson said...

Ummm... am I the only one who STILL finds the noise those things make funny?

SD
The Simple Dude

Ana said...

hang in there man...

Xenototh said...

They will stay funny and entertaining, until they are teenagers that is. :P

Random Girl said...

that is the perfect phonetic spelling of that sound...well done! Glad that your kiddos have picked up on daddy's sense of humor... that is good stuff!

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Oh, they are the funniest because they aren't TRYING to be funny, you know? It's just so natural to them :)

Unknown said...

See? I'm not a run-of-the-mill Daddy-Blogger, but I can have my moments.

My kids are awesome. Here's why. AWWWWWWWWW... and so on.

Normal twisted blogging to resume tomorrow. :)

Melanie said...

Awww! How cute! My son has always been a comedian - and he really is funny! My daughter, on the other hand, does not want us laughing, even if she does something hilarious.

Handflapper said...

Ambidextrous,even! Very impressive! So great you maintain a relationship with your kids even when you have to be apart.

Bart said...

lmfao i cant even count how many black eyes these things gave me as a child.

Shutterbug said...

LOL. Kids are cute!!

Chunky Mama said...

I have a 4yr old boy who is ALWAYS saying things that crack up his dad and me. Usually, it's when he's being rude or insulting, so we end up trying to scold him while snorting and sputtering thru stifled laughter.

The best one: "Sam-I-Am is an idiot!!" (for always asking his friend the same question over and over again.)

duffboi said...

hehe, quality entertainment, children. hehe

AllenTesch said...

This is why I love my nieces and nephews.

Empty said...

them doorstops! i need those.

Pearl said...

Doorstops ARE funny!

:-)

Pearl

Astronomy Pirate said...

To be fair, doorstops are amusing a hell. I wish I had more them around here.

The Empress said...

Your son definitely has your great sense of humor!

The_illustrative_Mind said...

Those things are awesome. There's at least one in this house, too. Scared me when I first heard it go off right outside my room.

A Beer for the Shower said...

I still do that and I'm 27.

I could literally spend hours doing that as a child. I miss being so easily entertained by, well, everything.

bmx4130 said...

Haha I used to do the same thing until they all eventually bent.

Sharon Day said...

Okay, that's cute enough to be about 10 reasons instead of one. Oh, if only adults could be that interesting and funny and adorable--I'd gladly let them in my lane on the highway.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to listen to this video on a loop. Love that sound! Still brings joy to my heart. That is freaking adorable!!

Kicking Rocks said...

oh man i love door stops too!!!!!

not displayed said...

your kids are awesome and I want one of those doorstops. Ours are boring and not springy like that

D4 said...

My baby cousin back talks his aunt, he makes me proud :D things like

"NO NO NO, you do NOT talk to me in that tone of voice!"

Wonder where he gets it from.

The Reckmonster said...

Yo, if the apples and trees thing is true, your kids are gonna be HELLA funny when they're grown!! My hooligan is a total smartass. And I am damned proud of that fact...because we all know it's better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Aaron M. Gipson said...

My oldest boy will be 12 next month, and I can tell you from first-hand experience that the laughs get louder and funnier with each year that goes by. He is just now starting to date girls in his middle school and thinks he's a little pimp.

I love this video of your little guy, especially the fascinated look of determination he has when he picks which one he wants to pull first. I know you are going to have an awesome visit here soon!

Unknown said...

So sweet.

I love to hear my kids laughing, especially when they don't know I can hear them playing.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with them!

The Frisky Virgin said...

Oh my gosh! That is so adorable!!!

And the "chill out!" LOL Only little ones can say something like that and have it sounds completely adorable. lol

Anonymous said...

That kid was so cute!

Anonymous said...

Also! You should try washing machines: kuchakuchakuchaKUH....bzzzzzzZZZZZAAAAAAHHHHHHHvvvvvvvvv.... etc.

And car alarms.
And definitely printers.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!