Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/26/11

When Did Mick Jagger Become Sexy Again?

Listening to the radio on a Sunday morning, my local "Hits" station decided to do a back-to-back Mick Jagger tribute.  First up was the new Maroon 5 single "Moves Like Jagger."  Afterward was Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" where she talks about not hooking up with any guys "unless they look like Mick Jagger."

Really?  REALLY??

Did I miss something?  When did Mick Jagger become the face of sexiness in the 21st century?

I mean, come on.  The dude is 68 years old.  He partied HARD in the 60's, and looks the part.  Maybe a YOUNG Mick Jagger could be a sex symbol, but the older version, to me, looks like a Shar Pei.

Oh.  Wait.  The younger Mick looked a little off as well.

I posed this question to my twitter followers a few weeks ago.  I posted the following:

"Moves like Jagger I can kind of understand.  But I'm glad I don't have a face like Jagger."

A follower (@RandomGirlBlog) quipped with:  "@Ida_homie oddly enough, there is a market for everything, even that."


Oh well.  To each their own, I guess. 


I may not be as thin as a rail like him.  And I can't sing worth shit, but I think I'm slightly more attractive than Mick Jagger.  60's Jagger, 2010's Jagger, take your pick.




Oh, and slightly unrelated... This episode of Pinky & The Brain is the BEST EVER!  Christopher Walken as Christopher Robin?  Al Gore the donkey?  Epic.
Please Share it! :)

21 witty retorts:

Sara Strand said...

I'll tell you what- my mom would go topless if Mick Jagger was in the room. And that's just a fact. If I had to pick between Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney- I'd take Mick Jagger. You know he would be amazing in bed while Paul would all be romantic and shit. Psh. Give me randy sex any day.

Andrea L. Cole said...

Yeah.. whenever I hear either of those songs I like to pretend they're referring to some idealized, airbrushed, somewhat hot version of Mick Jagger that existed for about 15 minutes in the 60's.

The upside with the "Moves Like Jagger" song is that it makes me want to watch the "Jag-off" video over and over again.

http://youtu.be/kdqMFxDyLMI

Haven said...

You mean you don't find Shar Pei's sexy? What's not to love? Wrinkles, loose folds of skin... yeeeaaaah I don't get it either.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

A well-weathered man...have you seen him live?

Anonymous said...

I've seen leather purses that look better than Jagger's face.

Lady Estrogen said...

Feckin' awesome.
Pinky and the Brain is one of my favorite cartoons ever!!
(along with The Oblongs and Futurama)

Jon Hanson said...

You can never explain why old ugly rock stars are deemed sexy. It defies all explanation. And yet it happens time and again.

I remember when I was in high school being amazed that dude Ric Okasek (or however the hell he spells it) from The Cars married that hot foreign model Paulina Poritzkova (or however the hell she spells it) and I think they may actually still be together.

SD
www.TheSimpleDude.com

D4 said...

If I was into guys, Jagger would be something like a DILF or GILF or something. Just because come on, effin Mick Jagger.

Pickleope said...

Maybe it's the "Dancing in the Street" video with David Bowie...yeah, that's DEFINITELY it.

Sharon Day said...

I remember as a kid, about 8 years old, I was in a doctor's office with my mom and I started screaming and crying hysterically and threw myself into her arms. A lady in the office said, "what's wrong, she hate seeing the doctor?" My mom looked over at the table where I was when I started screaming. "No, it's that picture of Mick Jagger. Could you please turn that magazine upside down. He scares her." I literally would freak out if I saw his face or heard his name or singing. I suppose at this point in my life, I'm over that reaction, but to me he will always be handsome--for the living dead.

Unknown said...

To which I say...consider your sources.

Shutterbug said...

I agree! Mick Jagger is gross looking!

Matthew MacNish said...

Proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And that chicks don't really care what dudes look like.

elexerdelex said...

Muhahahahha the first time I heard ''unless they move like mick jagger'' I actually googled it because I didnt believe she was talking about him ^^

Appeariantly she was :D

Thanks for your comment I really like it :D

Zombie said...

I have noticed that too! Everyone is getting all into Mick again... weird...

Anonymous said...

There may be a market for everything but my "market" is definitely closed to guys that look like that. There is something to be said for a certain level of confidence despite looking like he does but it only gets you so far. The man might have had "moves" but I assure you his geriatric hip doesn't allow for them any longer. I don't get it either...I'm totally with you.

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

Mick Jagger = not sexy. On the other hand...Adam Levine = totally sexy.

not displayed said...

Im always slightly surprised to discover that he isnt dead yet

Bart said...

when that maroon 5 song came out

Q said...

Dude, Mick looks like someone pulled on a semi-melted Halloween mask. He is one of the ugliest dudes to ever be on television. How anyone thinks he's sexy is beyond me. Even in that young photo, he looks like that killer, Shane, from "Weeds."

Emily said...

Mick has been and always will be sexy just because he is Mick Jagger. Watch the film "Performance" and you will be convinced of his beauty.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!