Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/10/11

Denny's Pisses Me Off

One consistent issue I have with travel seems to be Denny's restaurants.

Their food is sub-par, but they always seem to be close enough to consider.  This week I had one within walking distance to my hotel.   On my way back to the room after a long day, I decided to call them and place a to-go order.

It rang and rang....

I tried again.   Once again, no answer...

I finally pulled in, and wondered what was up.  I was hoping the food would be ready when I arrived, and now I have to wait... I wasn't too thrilled about the inconvenience...

When I saw this:


Nobody at the counter, and the phone off the hook.  I waited 5 minutes before someone came over to help me, even though they glanced at me from time to time.

For some reason, I still placed an order.  I noticed a "How are we doing?  Call ---" number on the wall.  It was a number of their regional manager.  I couldn't NOT call, so once I left, I phoned him up...

And whaddaya know, the number was disconnected.

Fuck you, Denny's.  You're always a thorn in my side.  I'm done with you.
Please Share it! :)

18 witty retorts:

Pickleope said...

That sounds like they got in a room and had a meeting: "Our service is terrible but we're just not doing enough to piss off our customers. What can we be doing team?"
"Fart in the pancake batter?"
"Come on Phillis, you know we already do that. Come on people, think!"
"Always be out of watered down shitty coffee?"
"More so than usual...Okay. keep going."
"Disconnect all phones?"
"Good, now we're talking."
"Fart in the coleslaw?"
"Goddamn it Phillips, I'd fire you if you weren't the most inefficient waitress we had."
And scene.

Steve Bailey said...

@ Pickelope... Haha! The only thing that would improve your scene would be to tack on some automatic gratuity... Screw you Dennys!!!!

Anonymous said...

How ridiculous. I cannot believe you still placed an order...I mean I can since you were hungry and tired but I'd have suffered through hunger pains for the night before giving them any money. Hell no.

D22 Zone said...

Sounds like you haven't had a good day!

Anonymous said...

that is some horrible customer service indeed.

JGuevara said...

Sounds like great customer service lol

LadyNgo said...

LMFAO...i hate Dennys and avoid it like the plague. The food is almost always bad- if you even get food. I can't even tell you how many times i've been and they didn't have anything. One time the waiter literally let us all order and came back and said they didn't have any of what we ordered. And all 5 of us ordered different meals!

D4 said...

I like my Denny's. They're not that big here, so I don't really get issues. Sure, no "to go" option either, but getting a free football season meal without having to make a monstrous line is pretty neat! :D

Vapid Vixen said...

How are they even still in business? I suppose you should be happy they didn't expect you to make the food yourself.

Sharon Day said...

It takes a lot of effort to be that bad at their job. You have to give them credit for tenacity. (Oh, and then go somewhere else to eat, of course)

Anonymous said...

That is bullshit. Well, if they don't answer their phones you could always try the strongly worded letter. Super effective, I'm sure.

The Empress said...

Suckitude at its finest...

Life, Liberty and Accountability said...

Meh, its Dennys, what do you expect?

MRanthrope said...

IHOP > Dennys! I'm glad theres a IHOP near me thats open 24/7 or else I might be forces to get my late night eats on at...Dennys =/

Sara Strand said...

My dad is an over the road truck driver and hates Denny's. He knows a good restaurant in pretty much any area of the country but he says most of everything out there sucks and sucks bad. :(

LogAllot.com said...

I love Denny's, but only because it's cheap and I can get allot for my money. I can't count how many times I have seen people eat, and ditch when the waitress took forever to get back to them. Maybe they are just overworked..

Anonymous said...

I work for Denny's as a manager. I would seriously like to share with you folks a typical day for me to help you understand what the problem is. I have been with Derbyshire as an employee for 10 years now. Basically because I'm comfortable there. As a manager my day starts out making the schedules. In my mind as I write them, I'm thinking that I want to make sure that I have enough staff on to take care of all the guests that walk through the door. As finish the schedule, my boss, the district manager, says I have scheduled way too many people, so he makes me cut the schedule in half , scheduling according to this graph they have that supposedly predicts how many customers will come through the door at a given time. Then when the customers actually come through the door we end up not having enough staff to take care of you the customer. So I and my servers get literally cussed at, Yerkes at, demeaned, and told we don't know how to do our jobs. So I go back to my district manager and relay the messages I'm hearing from the guests. He says, "well, you don't have the right people on" meaning the staff I have sucks. So I began the process of retraining and hiring new smiling waitstaff, cooks, etc. The big bosses immediately jump in and state that I can't do that cause it costs too much money. So then I am back at square 1. Having a minimum staff that wore out, doesn't care because even when they do their best they still get cussed out and demeaned by you the customer when they have done all they can do. When you walk in and you see the phone laying off the hook, you see someone ignore you, you have to wait long for food, I know its no right and we as customers deserve great customer service, please remember that most likely the servers cooks and managers arnt to blame. Its the big bosses that do the cuts and the saying not to have the right amount of staff on that are to blame. So next time you go to Denny's and experience a problem and ask for the manager and he comes out and does all he can to make it right by recooking your meal or buying your food, etc. That's all he can do. There is nothing more he can do because of the limitations that are place on him.

Unknown said...

I love your comment, Mr. Manager. Thank you for this.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!