Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/28/11

Hipster Mustache, You Ain't Got Nothin On Me!

Spotted in Western Idaho:


Someone put a vinyl decal on the hood of their Caddy to give it a hipster mustache.

I LOVE IT.

It's an ugly ass car, but this makes it awesome.  I still wouldn't drive it, but hey.

There seem to be a lot of hipsters in Idaho.  In Eastern Idaho, they have to hide from religious persecution, but they're free to roam in Boise.

So, when in Rome...

If I can rock a brostache (remember THIS?)  I can rock the hipster stache, but I don't think I look ironic enough.  The plain t-shirt and the hotel room setting just isn't giving an "underground" vibe.

I tried putting on some Sleigh Bells and Broken Social Scene.

Nope.

The Decemberists aren't helping either.

...dammit...

Maybe I'm rocking the wrong hipster mustache?

Hold on a sec...

*grabs the sharpie*


Would you call this the Hitler or the Charlie Chaplin?  Hitler was underground when the Allied troops found him... is that hipster enough?

No?

Dammit...

Ok, goin a little crazy here.  I *CAN* do this.

Here we go... the pencil mustache you see in European bars.  I look French.  Or maybe Italian.

And, um, a little lop-sided.

One too many beers...

How's this?  Do I look indie enough?  Should I change the background to a coffee shop, with spoken poetry in the background?

I can do a haiku about my cat, and brood at a Hookah bar...

No?  Not buying it?

....shit.

Ok.  Fine.  I'm going balls-out now...

*grabs another beer*


...how's the unibrow workin for ya?

Maybe I should just leave the hipster vibe to the hipsters.

*this post was brought to you by Shock Top Ale... cuz I drink it... and it makes me do dumb things...*
Please Share it! :)

21 witty retorts:

Pickleope said...

The thin one was very John Waters-esque. That at least gets you Indie movie cred.

Julie Ferguson said...

I like the hipster stache with the handlebars. It looks good on you.

Shutterbug said...

LOL! You are too funny! I still prefer my men clean shaven!

D4 said...

You know that thin one would've pulled it off. You just needed to explain why YOUR mustache was obscure in modern day male fashion. Maybe telling everyone how those Hitler and Chaplin 'staches are too mainstream for your taste.

Skimbosh said...

I think the second one is called a "Chaptler."

Quit inhaling sharpie vapors!

Al Penwasser said...

I'll call the last one, "Vulcan with a goatee."
Fascinating.

in bed with married women said...

maybe several various ones on different fingers so you can whip the appropriate one out, given the specific occasion?

Sara Strand said...

I love that this is what you do in hotel rooms. I think this needs to become something regular... like fun things to do in a hotel room. ;)

Andrea L. Cole said...

I enjoy the full goatee look myself.

The Empress said...

The unibrow and goatee win my vote. Hilarious!!!

Alice X said...

I would totally drive that mustache mobile, pure unfiltered coolness. I'm also liking your fingertaches. Nice!

The Frisky Virgin said...

HILARIOUS. Seriously.

Hmm, my vote would be the last pic--priceless.

Zombie said...

The unibrow was a nice touch! lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...your faces have me near tears laughing so hard. I love it.

Mooch said...

How ironically kitsch!

Vicky said...

The last one makes you look that the chef on tv Guy Fieri LOL

Henrietta Collins said...

omigod, this past week a guy came into my tattoo shop and actually wanted a mustache TATTOOED onto his fingers.

Electric Addict said...

last one reminds me of gordon freeman

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

This pretty much rocks.

I once met someone who had tattooed the hipster 'stache on the inside of their finger. I'm pretty sure that's a little too hard core for hipster, though.

LilPixi said...

That last one is really a classic. You look like someone in a movie there that I just can't put my finger on. Hilarious.

after3 said...

Micheal Jordon has really open the doors for the hitler mustache comeback.

a3

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!