Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/29/11

Have You Met ....Me?

I was at a bar, wearing a nice shirt and some jeans.  People said I looked 'suit-ish' but I felt good.  I made some new friends, had some good laughs, and told them about myself.

One dude pipes up.  "So, you blog.  You wear suits to bars.  You aren't afraid to chat with the ladies.  Who are you, Barney Stinson?"

...and for the rest of the night, my name was Barney and not Brandon.  Because I'm awesome.

It was a fun comparison, because I've never heard it before.  But it kind of fits.  I'm confident, a little cocky, and I like playing the role of the wingman.

Maybe I should actually suit up before I hit the bars next time?

In SoCal, I'd be ok.  In Boise, depending on the scene, I'd fit in.

Eastern Idaho?  Especially my hometown?  I'd either be labeled as a 'lost California hippie' or a 'lost Mormon here to preach everyone to death.'

Tshirts and jeans are the clothes of choice in the E. ID bar scene. Maybe some flannel.  I try to get spiffy with it from time to time, and I always feel overdressed.

This just means I'll only pull the Barney card when I'm working in a major metropolitan city.  Boise, Salt Lake... well that's pretty much it.  Maybe Helena.  Maybe.

Maybe that will be my alter-ego for the road?  A slightly heavier, slightly more "not suitable for TV" dirty dubstep version of Barney Stinson?

I can do that...

...because I'm awesome.

True Story.
Please Share it! :)

22 witty retorts:

Random Girl said...

it's hard when you just have too much swag for a local joint huh?? I have that problem all the time...we are just too hot for normal folks to handle in their space. It's a curse.

D4 said...

How could anyone expect something like that? It's too awesome to come up with on your own.

aamedor said...

you get +1 internets

Pickleope said...

NPH is great in that roll. I would do the same if I could afford more than one suit and didn't live in crippling fear of someone spilling something on me. Nothing wrong with dressing well. Go forth, and pimp thyself!

Anonymous said...

well, you ARE pretty awesome!!

Al Penwasser said...

Funny, you don't LOOK suitish.

Sara Strand said...

Oh man. You wouldn't fit in here, because the requisite bar outfit requires you to wear clothing that even Goodwill wouldn't accept and if you have a beer gut hanging out of it... bonus.

Andrea L. Cole said...

"A dirty, dubstep version.."

I can't begin to tell you how cool THAT sounds.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Going overdressed to a bar is awesome, and being called Barney Stinson is just the greatest compliment a man can get.

What I want to know is, how you can play wingman while being in a relationship? That's not a condescending/accusatory question, btw. I ask that because as a married guy, I've tried to be wingman before, but sorry, I'm not taking home some random drunk girl just so my friend can hook up. And my friend, well, he's not happy that the 'cute' one picked me, anyway. So basically, I just don't understand how you do it without creating a mess.

Unknown said...

Just dont let the suit wear you. It should look mantastic and effortless.

Cheers

Life, Liberty and Accountability said...

you can't go wrong in a suit imo

after3 said...

Ive never seen that show. doesn't seem like my kinda thing.

a3

Unknown said...

@abfts: a lot of times when I play wingman it's for my female friends. So much easier...

The Frisky Virgin said...

I will always see him as Doogie! He's still cute as can be!

Pretty cool to be compared to Barney! Can't go wrong with that one. I mean, who doesn't like him?!

Vicky said...

Barney was in a old episode of SUV that I watched last night and he was creepy LOL

Zombie said...

If you are looking anything like Neil Patrick Harris then you should have no problem picking up chicks! :D

Anonymous said...

Being Barney is NEVER a bad thing! I would love to see a guy all dressed up at a local bar. haha.

Technosauce said...

When I hit the bars, I never forget my top hats. Yes, plural.

Bart said...

lol is this entire post a quote? well played scholar, well played.

not displayed said...

Love a man in a suit. Especially if he smells as good as he looks....

Ok, now I am thinking things I shouldnt. Might have to blame it on the cough 'medicine"

themajessty said...

Barney is my dream husband.

I don't care that he's slept with hundreds of girls. HE HAS ABS AND HE'S HILARIOUS.

I'm still drooling.

Lady Estrogen said...

You are awesome - true story, indeed.

Easy on the flannel, I might mistake you for a Seattle grunge rocker.. I mean.. oops..

oohhh shit...

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!