Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

7/8/11

What does The Simple Dude and my penis have in common?

...they'll get you more blog followers.

First, I want to tell you about The Simple Dude and his new e-book.  It's called


Grow Your Blog:
Proven Ways To Add Followers Every Single Day

and it works.  You can read more about the book here, or simply buy the e-book on Amazon or Smashwords.  At the low price of $1.99, it is well worth the price and so much more.

Reading the book, SD gives tips on blog layouts, marketing, and general awesomeness.  The humor infused into the book makes it a pleasurable read, and I can practically guarantee you'll find at least one blogging improvement you can use, if not dozens.

I have been blogging since January.  I may have 640-something followers right now, but I'm still learning.  His book has given me a lot of great ideas (pimping, for example) that I will use to improve my overall reach.  

Blog pimpin ain't easy (a line from his book...) but it pays off.  In this age of 'follow me and I'll follow you back' Social Media, you really need to show your appreciation for other bloggers if you want them to show an appreciation for you.  Think of it as scratching someone's back, and then it's your turn to scratch yours.

Plus, as a bonus, you can wear a crushed-velvet suit and a badass hat.  If that isn't a reason to pimp, I don't know what is.

(...wait... you don't get to dress up?  Can I do it anyway?)

Reading this book will take you 20 minutes.  Then re-reading the book and writing down your 'ways to improve my blog' list will take another 20.  Putting the ideas into practice?  Priceless.  After all new followers are forever...

Oh, and just in case, if you're not following The Simple Dude's blog, go there and follow.




So... how does this have anything to do with my penis??

I was on twitter Wednesday night, and somehow "The Helicopter" was brought up in conversation with @VickiLikesFrogs.  (It's twitter... don't ask, just go with it.)  Jillsmo asked for a drawing of me doing the helicopter, and this is what spawned...


This picture resulted in a number of re-tweets and hilarity, and I ended up getting a new blog follower!  Yay!


But it wasn't done.  The avalanche had started, and new followers were flooding in...


Maybe I should do stupid penis tricks more often?  Give the people what they want, after all...

In short, go buy The Simple Dude's book, download it, love it.  That, added with a few anatomical acrobatics, will help grow your blog.
Please Share it! :)

26 witty retorts:

not displayed said...

You are a very funny man and I adore you. Next thing you will be writing a book just like SD
More drawings please :)

Jon Hanson said...

100% brilliant, except for the likeness of your helicopter. That was only 75% brilliant and 25% disturbing.

But that's still a better ratio then most aspects of my life.

Thanks for the book pimpin'!

SD
TheSimpleDude.com

Zombie said...

cool! I want to dress like a pimp! lol.

Random Girl said...

You can't go wrong with Simple Dude's e-book or good "penis as a helicopter" artwork shenanigans on Twitter. Good fun all around! So glad you are here to keep me entertained Lost! Oh, and your "that's not how your sister does it" comment on my post about what not to say got quite the reaction.... you should check back if you haven't already.

Shahan said...

Interesting review, I might buy it when I get some cash.

As for the crude penis drawings... Carry on =3

Melanie said...

If only I had a penis.

mamtc said...

After reading the title, I was expecting like " We both respect ladies and standup for them."

Reads different. Its fine though.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

You got a follower by drawing "The Windmill"? Holy Fuck-a-Doodle!!! what is the world coming to.

Drake Sigar said...

A disturbing number of people have such huge entitlement issues and come to Blogspot thinking they’re going to become revered throughout the Internet without any actual effort on their part. If you don’t put anything into a community, you’ll get nothing out of it.

D4 said...

The Helicopter. I can see how that will get more followers for you but.. Now I can't get meatspin out of my head :(

Anonymous said...

It was hilarious watching the live twitter feed and it is still hilarious now. Silly men and their penis tricks! hehe.

Sharon Day said...

Brilliant. Perhaps I should show how my "girls" can belly dance?

SamArmy said...

haha loving the picture :D more of them please! will check that guy out thanks

BlackLOG said...

Well done on creating a great badge for the competition that can't be named....Far better than anything I would have produced....

Kev D. said...

Drake's comment blew my mind.

Haven said...

::laughs:: I'm very much looking forward to SimpleDudes book! Should be a riot of good advice and belly aches.

A Beer for the Shower said...

+2 for Drake's comment blowing my skull.

SD's got some solid advice, and a little penis twirling never hurt anyone. Who knew the helicopter would bring so many followers? Stay tuned for later today when I attempt this and poke my eye out (...ladies?).

Unknown said...

BIG props for Drake's comment, and it's true. If you're just posting pictures of lolcats that can be found somewhere else, or each blog post is "lol I put my shoes on the wrong feet by accident, but I'm gonna leave em this way lololol" your blog is doomed to fail.

To the blogs that drake just pegged: Buy SD's book. He will give you tips to improve your skillz, and to actually find your niche in the blogging community.

Thanks drake as always. You rock.

The Angry Lurker said...

The angry pimp, I like it.

AllenTesch said...

I blog for one reason only. The pimp suit.

The Animated Woman said...

You should def draw more of those dude. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

I wish you all the success you desire.

Me? Ill keep mine cozy.

Lady Estrogen said...

I would do it solely for the crushed velvet suit.

Also? That is a kick-ass drawing, babe :)

Kelly said...

So you're twirling your penis for followers now. Doe that make you a prostitute? Eegads!

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

Lol! Too funny. I think you may have hit the jackpot with this new cartoon-drawing gig!

themajessty said...

Well, I was hoping you'd think I followed you because of your hilarity, but...

no, I've been following you because you have a penis. (:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!