Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

7/20/11

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I am.


But are we going to have a season this year?

Am I going to win my Fantasy Football League again this year?

More importantly, who's up for starting a blogger's fantasy league??  That is, if we have a season...

According to NBC sports the lockout is almost over, but I'm still not convinced.  Both sides are still taking hard stances, and both sides need to get over themselves and be less greedy.  I would like to see the minimum yearly salary raised to $600k a year, and the maximum yearly salary lowered down to $3 million a year.  This would still be grossly overpaid, but cut personnel costs down 65%.  Then, owners would be able to pay non-player personnel more livable wages, cut overall ticket prices drastically, and still let them make insane profits.

We are almost getting into preseason time.  How are teams supposed to shake off the rust?  Granted, I'm a Panthers fan and we have a LOT of rust to shake off, but I'd still like to see them play 16 games (even if they end up losing 15 of them...)

Bring on the football.  My Sundays are boring.
Please Share it! :)

18 witty retorts:

Talk2Q said...

Panthers? How did that happen to someone from the West? You'll have to explain that. I do fear that injuries will play a factor in this season with players being off for so long. Not everyone is disciplined enough to work on their own. I do hope they get back on the field soon because I'm bored out of my mind with no free agency to discuss.

Jon Hanson said...

I'm ready too.. if there is enough interest for a blogger fantasy league - count me in!

SD
TheSimpleDude.com

Haven said...

I never understood fantasy football. Granted I only really watch college ball myself.

themajessty said...

I'm definitely for some football. By this, I mean the players, not the game itself.

...Sorry to disappoint, but my hormones take precedence.

Zombie said...

Always ready for some football playa!!

Random Girl said...

I have been praying daily for the football season to happen. The SuperBowl will basically be in my backyard and I must, I repeat, must see this season come to fruition. Football is the only thing that make fall/winter tolerable.

Melanie said...

As football season is like the "kick off" to my favorite time of year, YES I am ready. Also, Sunday is not Sunday without it. Its sad, the lock out, because usually by now the local media is trying to brainwash us all into having hope that the Lions are going to be awesome. And I think NBC is full of crap. There is too much money and greed, and while I hope it comes to an end soon, I refuse to hold my breath and turn blue until it does, because it could be snowing by then. And I like breathing. But here's hoping!

my day in a sentence said...

I'll let you in on a little secret; I don't know how the whole fantasy football league works. O_o'

klahanie said...

Aha, and please don't laugh, or giggle or run around the streets screaming, but there is always the faster paced and very exciting Canadian Football League. Well worth a watch. Seriously! :)

Unknown said...

ill watch pro ball for general amusement, but im a fan of the college ball. having been born and raised in the SEC ill take heart and passion over big pay checks any given saturday.

Pickleope said...

I still have a hard time believing owners were somehow struggling to make a profit in the most profitable game around.

Pickleope said...

I still have a hard time believing the owners were struggling to make a profit.

Julie Ferguson said...

Yeah, my hubby is worried that his fall Sundays won't be the same if there isn't any football. Bring on the games!

Alice X said...

Over here football is a completely different game. I guess American Football is more like our rugby only less dangerous as you guys pile on the padding, whereas us Brits brave the scrum in only shorts and a jersey.

The Empress said...

The only thing that could possibly get me to take any notice in football would be some hot ball players ass in a pair of those tight pants but I digress...

Great idea of a blogosphere fantasy football league. Can I be the head cheerleader?

The Reckmonster said...

Idahomie - I am INDEED ready for some football - but I much prefer the "purer" form of the game, i.e., COLLEGE football. I live for SATURDAYS during football season. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly watch an NFL game over some dumb chick flick on Any Given Sunday (tee hee hee)...but college football is my first love...GO BLUE! And Imma go out on a limb here and go ahead and proclaim this JUST SO that you can say you heard it here first...but I'm predicting an undefeated season for my Michigan Wolverines. Yes. I said it. We'll talk about this again in the post season. Thank you very much.

Leanna said...

I wish they would hurry up and get over themselves. It's time to get back to the game. Although I'm a College football fanatic - HOOK EM HORNS - GO LONGHORNS - COME EARLY, BE LOUD, STAY LATE - and Saturdays are my tailgating BBQ days, I do love my NFL Sundays too. No, I am not a Dallas fan. EEeewww! Don't even go there.
I have been a Vikings fan since I was little. Hhmmmmm. Must be some sort of a phallic symbol, horns I mean. AHAHAHAHHAAAA!

JGuevara said...

If there is no NFL season this year what else is there to do on my Sundays this season! :/

I am no longer a season ticket holder after these shenanigans!

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!