And I'm looking for entertainment.
I found myself randomly reading the information sheet on the inside of the door. It lets you know the layout of your floor (where the ice machine is, etc.) and instructs you on proper disaster measures.
This particular La Quinta had a fun typo. I'm overlooking the 'pop' machine, since it should be soda (ugh... pop...) but I'm focusing more on the fire safety, if a fire is actually in your room.
What would YOU do if there was a fire inside your hotel room and you weren't able to safely distinguish it??
v. dis·tin·guished, dis·tin·guish·ing, dis·tin·guish·es
1. To perceive as being different or distinct.
2. To perceive distinctly; discern: distinguished the masts of ships on the horizon.
3. To make noticeable or different; set apart.
4. To cause (oneself) to be eminent or recognized: They have distinguished themselves as dedicated social workers.
To perceive or indicate differences; discriminate: distinguish between right and wrong.
tr.v. ex·tin·guished, ex·tin·guish·ing, ex·tin·guish·es
1. To put out (a fire, for example); quench.
2. To put an end to (hopes, for example); destroy. See Synonyms at abolish.
3. To obscure; eclipse.