Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

1/7/12

Penis Tattoos Are NEVER A Good Idea

I was recently on a news website where I stumbled across a jarring headline:

"Penis Tattoo Gives Guy Permanent Erection."

The news story was sad but a little comical.  It was not done in a tattoo parlor, and apparently the process messed up one too many nerves, giving the guy a semi-permanent chubby.  

Not a full hard-on, but enough to notice through a pair of pants, I'm sure.

At that point, I would probably invest in some medical tape, some tight pants, and long, loose-fitting shirts.

...and hope for the best...

I have been debating for about 4 years on getting a tattoo.  I would never get it in a spot like me penis, because I like that little guy too much.  I don't want it ever messed up in any way possible.

I would also make sure to triple-check the spelling, so there was no mistake permanently etched into my body.

Lastly, I wouldn't get it in a place I couldn't cover up during a job interview or professional meeting.  Neck/Face/Hand tatts, while ok in some situations, just scream 'tacky' to me, and is begging for people to judge you in a negative way.

That said, I am not against tattoos at all.  If I were an employer, they wouldn't bother me at all, unless they were explicit, offensive, and intentionally designed to shock and 'stir the pot.'

What do you think about tattoos?  What do you think about this idiot getting a tattoo on his penis, let alone one involving initials or names of girlfriends/boyfriends?

Feel free to leave a COMMENT below (sorry dude, *I* can spell...)
Please Share it! :)

18 witty retorts:

Bart said...

hahaha yeah right, sign me up.

Sharon Day said...

Well, my tatt is in a place I can bot h see it or cover it up. It's my symbol. I've lost nearly all my family and I find that everything is fleeting in life and the only thing that remains is that one thing that no matter how many phases you go through, it bests reveals you symbolically. For a friend who was spiritual and adored sunworshipping, it was a sun symbol, for another who believed that her Libra scales showed how balanced she was, that was the her tatt. No names. No words. Do it symbolically but it must be something that is always a part of you, like an ocean wave or a flying bird.

Josie said...

When I have the money I'm getting one on the back of my shoulder of a sun in front of two rain clouds with the words 'salio el sol' (the sun came out). I was in a bad place before I had my daughter and so I'm getting it for her, but I'm not putting her name or anything because then I'm not obligated to get a tattoo for every other child I may or may not have lol.

Q said...

I don't like anything enough to have engraved on me, but even if I did, never would it be Lil' Hercules! At least this guy has an erection and it didn't have the opposite effect. I just don't get this. What made him think that this was a good idea, side effects or not?

Herc and I will remain ink-free.

Baur said...

man that would be embarrassing to have a spelling error on your head lol... or even your penis for that matter haha

~Jazz said...

Some people just don't think before they get something permanent done. I love tattoos, but I agree, I would never get something that would limit my possibilities - so they always have to be coverable.

Gia said...

No penis tattoos! They have some CRAZY vagina tattoos. You should google them...I can't find a good link to the article I saw once. Pretty much, they can make it look like Homer Simpson...it's actually kind of awesome.

D4 said...

I think there are certain people that get tattoos just because they're "cool" and if I were an employer, I would take that into consideration. I just value a healthy and non-trendy mindset. That being said, I personally love tattoos and some smart tattooed individuals.

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Getting ink hurts so why would you want to do it on a part that will make it feel like your flesh is being torn. Idiot. Then to not get it done professionally. He deserves what he got pity it wasn't a you'll never be able to get it up again.
I want to get one but not huge and all over. Just need to work up the courage and money for it.

not displayed said...

Some tattoos are works of art. Love them.
Some are bloody awful and I cant help wondering what the young women with tatts all over their neck and shoulders will do when they are older and tatts are no longer fashionable.
Agreed that perhaps they should be in places that can be covered if need be

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I have five tattoos but I wouldn't have one done on my private places or near my face.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love tattoos. For me, I won't just get anything. I wanted one when I was 18 but I'm glad I didn't. It would have just been a waste. Instead I waited until I was 21 and now have something that means everything to me. I'm planning to get #4 and possibly 5 this year.

Lady Estrogen said...

Hahaha.. I had to double read that "coment" tat. LOL.

I have 2 - both have been kinda fubarred since having twins, but it is what it is.
I still want 1 final one on my back some day. It's a doozie, so I have to save up and FIND THE RIGHT ARTIST TO DO IT. That's the key I wish I'd have known before getting mine the other 2 times, but I was 16, and then 18. Dumb.

Sandra said...

I have to admit, I'd want to see what it says...you know, out of curiosity, not 'cause I'm pervy or anything...

P.J. said...

Hilarious!

I'm not for or against tattoos. I don't have any and don't know if I ever will get one. But tattoos really intrigue me. I like hearing the stories behind them. Most of the time, it's kind of cool to hear why people got them and what they mean.

Not one like this fella got... but ya know.

Sonja Rois said...

I have 8 tattoos. A few are quite large as a matter of fact, but ALL are concealable if wearing the right clothing. (Read: long pants and sleeves.) I have never worked a job were covering them was an issue, but I always kept in mind that some day I might. And I have plans to get more. They will also be concealable. I was raised by bikers and grew up in tattoo shops, so for me it was inevitable that I would get tats.

However; even though I am a girl, I would NEVER get a tattoo on my junk. I love tattoos, but you have to know where to and not to put them. They actually did a piece about this guy on the show The Doctors and they were saying that in order to correct his man-tent issue he may end up with reverse effects. Meaning in order to fix it it my make him partly or fully soft. If he had gone to a pro tattoo artist they could have told him that. Any studio I have been in will NOT do that part of the body.

Sheila said...

I'm just reading this so I have no idea whether you've gotten one or not but I love tats too. I have 2 and want another but haven't decided what to get. Both are, of course, where only myself and anyone else I chose to show can see them. They should mean something to you and definitely somewhere you CAN cover up for a job interview. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Tattoo what? Seriously? I can walk with black lace leggings on the beach for all I care but that thought, even the mere thought of it for that matter, will never in my wildest dreams enter my mind.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!