Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

8/19/11

Childish Humor Time - Yo Mama Edition

I'm in Salt Lake this week on business, and saw this business as I was driving around...

If you can't read the lettering, the business is called "Nacho Mama's Place."  Sadly they were out of business, but it made me remember an idea I had, long long ago...

I wanted to open up a 50's style Diner.  And call it "Your Mom's."

Why?

Think about it.  You're at work, and it's lunchtime.  You turn to a coworker and say "I'm going to head over to Your Mom's for lunch.  Do you want me to pick you up anything?"

Or you get home late and get asked where you have been... your response?  Your Mom's....

Childish, yes.  But brilliant marketing.  Or maybe not, since Nacho Mama's didn't survive...
Please Share it! :)

21 witty retorts:

LLA_Princess said...

Awesome! I always wanted to open a bar called the Library for the same reason

Al Penwasser said...

I'd eat there.
At Your Mom's.
Brilliant.

Random Girl said...

it's a shame that Nacho Mama's didn't make it, I would have gone there just to giggle at the name.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Maybe that's a sign of immaturity, that I think your idea would be solid gold. Then again, this is probably why I don't own my own business.

mamtc said...

If you have your restaurant named in french,greek or latin people mayn't remember. Instead if you name it like this or "traffic jam","sweatshop" not many can miss.

Unknown said...

There's a pub near my building that has a funny name and it's doing good, mainly because people find it entertaining.
So it's more about the people getting the joke rather than the joke itself, me thinks.

Julie Ferguson said...

I would eat at a diner called "Your Mom's" as long as the food is as tasty as Mom's.

Not the Hero said...

Your Idea... funny.

Nacho Mama's sounds terrible. It doesn't work in any situation.

"Where were you?"
"Nacho Mama's."
"That's fine, but where were you?"

It would just get people frustrated and confused.

Or they could have been poorly managed, had bad food/service.

Lady Estrogen said...

That is a shame it didn't survive - I love it!

Sharon Day said...

How could it fail with a name like that???

Anonymous said...

If I had my own Nacho restaurant I would name it Nacho Nacho Man!

Mooner Johnson said...

Brandini. OK, what about a strip bar called Nacho Baby Mama's Place?

By the way. Do you guys have any idea how fucking hot and dry it is here in Texas? I thought that once the hot air bag we call GGovernor left the state it would cool down.

FUCK RICK PERRY!

squatlo said...

I've always thought someone should start a new brand of beer called "Responsibly"... that way all the other beer makers would have to help me market my brand in the required Public Service Announcement in their own commercials:

"Always drink Responsibly!"

Silly, but it would be fun to market...

Shaw said...

I'd want to work there

Joy said...

Nacho Mama's! Love it! Shame it didn't work out for them....

Heather Reese said...

OMG!! I've always wanted to open a restaurant, and I had the SAME idea!!!!!

Electric Addict said...

there is a super successful restaurant called "Dicks" in Seattle. I think you are on to something!!

D4 said...

It's a brilliant idea and you should do it. Do it.

themajessty said...

That idea is FANTASTIC. You should form a twin franchise named "Your Dad's."

Don't discriminate. ;)

Vapid Vixen said...

Love love love it! Got a call from an instructor at work today and he asked what I was wearing. I told him your Mom's Sunday best.

Sophomoric humor is the BEST kind of humor.

The Empress said...

Clever name but such a shame the local market didn't go for it...

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!