Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/23/13

I'm Allergic to Idaho

Living in California for the first 29 years of my life, I never had any allergic problems.  I had cats, dogs, hamsters, lived in a 'dust bowl' area, and had to put up with the famous Santa Ana winds.

I don't know if it was the change of scenery or just my old age, but I now have allergy problems.  I have a pretty regular regimen of Allegra, Benadryl and Afrin nasal spray on hand, to help get me through the allergy spikes.

But... I have noticed something odd about my allergies.  I'm not allergic to the regular stuff.  Not cats, not pollen, not ragweed, not dust.

I'm allergic to Idaho.

I know, I know, haha, but hear me out.

With my day job, I travel to states like Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Nevada and Oregon.  In other states, my sinuses are fine.  No sneezing, no watery eyes, no allergy spikes.

It's only when I'm in Idaho do I suffer from these symptoms.

And it's 'more than usual' when I'm home.

Maybe I'm allergic to my wife?  Maybe she's the problem? (I can feel her glaring at me, just by typing these words...)

Or maybe it is the cats.  We have 3 at home, and one of them sheds about 3 coats a day.  If we don't sweep our hardwood floors on a regular basis, we'd have enough fur to make a sheepdog after about a week.

I really do need to see a doctor, to find out what the underlying problem really is.  Until then, I can just chuckle to myself and tell everyone I'm allergic to Idaho.

(...because that will get me in less trouble than telling people I'm allergic to my wife...)
Please Share it! :)

0 witty retorts:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!