Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

9/11/13

9-11 in Idaho - Why I'm Pissed Off

Two years ago, I blogged on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 and shared my story of where I was and what I remember.  I won't retype it out, but if you'd like to read it please click the link.

This morning, I was at a local coffee shop (another location I've blogged about from time to time) and overheard two teenagers talking about 9/11.  They had to be 3 or 4 when it happened, so their accounts are to be taken with a grain of salt.

They were debating.  One blamed the attacks on 'Arabs' (his words), and the other kid blamed it on Barack Obama.

An accurate representation of my face, but substitute a biscotti where the cereal bowl is.
I shit you not.

It took every bone in my body not to educate these two kids on the politics and strife leading up to the 9/11 attacks.  And when I say 'educate' I really mean ramming their head against a brick wall, over and over again.

Seriously, I know not all kids are dumb, but what the fuck is up with this generation?  My younger bro-in-law just decided to 'test out' of High School at 16, get his GED and move on to college.  His parents were thrilled, because of all the nonsensical rhetoric this kid would hear at school.

FROM HIS TEACHERS.

Are we miseducating our youth?  Or are they believing every idiotic thing they read on the internet?

I mentioned this story on Facebook, and one of my followers mentioned a large number of Louisiana citizens blaming Obama for Hurricane Katrina issues.  Never mind he wasn't the President then, it's still his fault.

For fucks sake, people... How quickly we forget after only 12 years.
Please Share it! :)

0 witty retorts:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!