Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

6/24/13

I'm Feelin 32 (a parody)

We partied hard the day I turned 30.

I drank a decent amount.  I've had more, but I definitely drank my share.

I had a hangover for a day and a half.

I have NEVER had a hangover last that long, even when I drank my weight in expensive liquor at a business event.

Welcome to your thirties.   Old man.

Fast forward to Sunday, where I was listening to the local 'hits' radio station.  Taylor Swift's '22' was on, and it gets stuck in my head easily.  I was humming that song later in the day when I stretched.

...and almost blacked out.  Yep, I'm old now.  Can't even stretch without feeling it.

I'm 32.  Which prompted this song:

(sung to the tune of '22' by Taylor Swift)

It feels like a perfect night to go to bed early
And make fun of teenagers, uh uh uh uh
It feels like a perfect night to drink a lot of booze
And be hungover for days, uh uh uh uh
Yeaaaaah
We’re getting old, denying it and suff’ring at the same time
It’s miserable and stifling oh yeah
Tonight’s the night we forget the fact we’re aging, it’s time
Uh uh!

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 32
Everything will be all right unless I drink as much as you
You don’t know about me but I bet you want to
Everything will be all right if I keep in mind I’m 32, 32

It seems like one of those nights
This place is too crowded with too many young kids
It seems like one of those nights
We ditch the whole scene and end up watching The Walking Dead instead of partying
Yeaaaaaah
We’re getting old, acting young, feeling it in the worst way
It’s miserable and stifling oh yeah
Tonight’s the night we break down and buy Mustangs, it’s time
Uh uh!

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 32
Everything will be all right unless I drink as much as you
You don’t know about me but I bet you want to

You think I’m your age, but I’m really 32, 32  (Ugh)

There's more to her song, but this is where she starts repeating herself so I decided to stop.

And, of course, it wouldn't be a Taylor Swift parody without a screaming goat or two...


Please Share it! :)

0 witty retorts:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!