Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

5/15/12

Would You Like Some TeriYAAAAAAAki With That?

I love it when I order ethnic foods from white people who can't properly pronounce things...

And, in Idaho, that's all you really get.

I have blogged about a local Mexican restaurant playing the Macarena and having white servers from Wisconsin before, but this was slightly different.

This instance was at a Mongolian BBQ, where the man working the grill couldn't pronounce "Teriyaki" correctly.

He would ask:  "Would you like some TeriYAAAAAki sauce on that?"

With extra AAAAAAAA, in a Fran Drescher-esque tone.

This, combined with a recent Family Guy episode that touched on the same subject, made me grin like a fool.

Enjoy the video, and share my pain:



Please Share it! :)

16 witty retorts:

Haven said...

Ay! ::head desk:: That drives me nuts haha.

Zombie said...

Oh I am totally one of those people who cant seem to pronounce it right. lol.

AccordingtoJewels said...

'Ethnic food cooked horribly by white Americans' haha

corn tour-tilla almost made me find the nearest clock tower though. Horrible. Just horrible. It's NOT hard to pronounce!

Michael said...

I love me some takos.

Julie Ferguson said...

Haha, we don't have any problems with pronunciation of Mexican food here in AZ, just with other things.

Jillian said...

I bet that yak meat with teryaki sauce would be pretty tasty. Incompetance breeds great business ventures.

Bart said...

hahah should have some how recorded it

Hey Monkey Butt said...

lmfao... That's AWESOME!

Melanie said...

always makes me laugh!

From the Mind of a Madman said...

I love me some mongaloid-ian bbq!!

The Beans said...

Oy vey. I have NEVER EVER heard "tacos" and "tortilla" pronounced that way. EVER.

(You learned something cringe-worthy every day.)

-Barb the French Bean

G said...

Here in the UK they mis-pronounce most things

Pish Posh said...

You basically just almost ruined my life with this post. I try to numb this out, to tune it out and be numb. But then you gotta draw my attention to it. There is no way that Idaho is worse than the state I live in. No effing way.

My first month here I was eating sushi in the "sushi place" and some complete stranger came up, touched me, and said "I can't beLIEVE you're going to eat THAT".

I was like WTF lady I'm in a fucking SUSHI restaurant. And stop touching me!

I have no learned that no one actually orders sushi there. They just ask for grilled steak.

ARRGH.

Shutterbug said...

haven't seen that episode of the family guy... makes me want to eat Taaa-cos!

Unknown said...

My BFF is bi-lingual in spanish. She hates (and I do this on purpose) when I say GuacamolEEEE! It just makes her skin crawl. Or Jaylapeenoos,

LOVE YOU MEG!!!

Q said...

Okay, so here's the deal: I saw the title of your blog on Twitter. I kept laughing each time a tribe member RT'd it. Then you tweeted about the tacos and I continued to laugh. All of this happened before I actually read your blog post. So, I'm watching Family Guy on my DVR last night and when they said "tackos," I almost stroked out on the couch from laughing. The Mrs. thought I'd lost my mind because she had no idea why I thought it was so funny.

Now I'm finally getting around to reading the post and it all makes sense.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!