Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

5/2/12

Bud Light: No Longer Just a White Trash Beer

Patron.

Courvoisier.

Crystal Champagne.

Bud Light.  (yes, Bud Light)

What do these have in common?


Pitbull.

And while he's never sang about Bud Light, he's now pushing it in TV commercials.

Now, when I think of Bud Light drinkers, I look at my neighbors in the bar...


Not multi-million dollar artists and hot Boricuas.

But what do I know?  I haven't been in the California or Vegas club scene in about 4-5 years.  Back then, it was bottle service, or at the very least Long Islands or shots.

But now Bud Light is the stylish drink of choice, thanks to Pitbull, his hairlip mustache, and the sound guy why can't dub over a simple 'Dale!' to match Pitbull's lips.

Yeah, every time I see that commercial and the badly timed Dale, I think of a Godzilla movie where the Japanese soldiers are still moving their lips but no sound is coming out...

Well, cheers to you Bud Light, for moving up the social scene and now being the drink of choice.  Screw Patron and their $10 shots.  For get the bottle of Crystal that will set you back a couple benjamins.

Give me a bucket of buds, and let's get this party started.

Bud Light:  Not Just For White Trash Anymore.

¡DALE!
Please Share it! :)

24 witty retorts:

Chris Bird said...

I'm commenting, but only because my sister is going to sue you for using her photo.

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

OMG I'm laughing so hard 'cause back in my trailer trash days there was a pregnant chick in the trailer park, much like your last photo, who usually had a Bud in one hand and a cigarette in the other. When I asked if she was having a girl or a boy she replied, "I don't care as long as IT'S HEALTHY".

Unknown said...

@Chris: No worries, I'll just buy her a 24pk and a carton of Menthols, and all will be forgiven...

Leanna said...

What is Pitbull saying?
"Yo kiddo taco what???"

Unknown said...

Yo quiero Taco Bell? Is he bringing back the chihuahua from the 90's?

I would pay to see that. Pitbull eating Taco Bell and drinking Bud Light is as realistic as David Beckham eating at Burger King.

...oh wait...

Sara Strand said...

Oh man, Matt and his friends used to drink Bud Light all of the time. Grossest after breath ever. Truly. Now he doesn't drink at all which is fine- he's more guaranteed morning sex if he's not stinking of beer.

mamtc said...

Never knew this about bud light, so what do black guys drink then? Racial discrimination. Like sexist ads like Dr.Pepper and crystalight and stuff.
Do they need to add something like boat to bathtub and candles to make it manly, to make it drink of all races?

Unknown said...

I just texted my Token Black Friend (my old college bud) to ask the black man's drink of choice.

His answer? "Purple Drank."

There you go. ¡DALE!

Unknown said...

I can not drink that swill! Of course I am a beer snob! There have been times in lower end bars that I won't drink anything because of the things they serve.

Bud (and all versions) along with Miller, Coors, Busch, PBR, Milwakee's Best all that crap! Not drinking it!

The Management said...

I'll admit to this, I guess:

When I bartended and someone ordered a Bud Light even when we had 14 other, better beers on tap AND the premium ones were on special, I sometimes responded to "Can I get a pint of Bud Light?" with "Really?"

Unknown said...

But but but... if Pitbull will whore himself out for it, it MUST be a good beer, right?

RIGHT?

I've blogged about pet food before, as well as beer. A good general rule for both is this:

If they're advertising on TV, it's probably crap. Stick with the smaller, independent stuff.

mamtc said...

If Budlight is ipad,and whites are AT&T, and blacks are Verizon, purple crystallight would be mobilehotspot device to make ipad work with Verzion?
Genuine question so appreciate the answer, said almost with a straight face. ;)

Pickleope said...

When I see Bud anything, I think "Boilermaker" because you need the power of whiskey to make that watered-down nastiness palpable or worth swishing in your mouth. Your rule of thumb is right on.
Are you suggesting Pibull does not adhere to the highest ethical standards to only advertise things he loves and is perhaps instead a whore willing to shill for any product who gives him money for his weirdly danceable songs!?! Appalling.

Unknown said...

...I don't know what you're talking about. Pitbull is the epitome of class and integrity.

...¡DALE!

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

it's amazing what Big Daddy Warbucks Anheuser can pull off with a fat wallet...

AccordingtoJewels said...

I wouldn't drink Bud Light if it was given to me free and not even Pit Bull can change that. The damn man is everywhere selling everything so whatever he puts his name to loses credibility instantly. Still though-hilarious post.

Al Penwasser said...

Great, that's all my brothers need. They hate the beer I like, Yuengling (they call it "Chinese Beer"), and much prefer their Bud Lites.
No livin' with them now.
I won't drink that pisswater.
Unless...it was...uh...free.
Or the only other choice I had was Ballantine.

Baur said...

Eh I still wouldn't buy it

Gutmeister said...

To be fair, Millions of dollars in fees will make ANYONE shill Bud Light. It's not like Pitbull is going to be a long-term success anyhow. May as well get paid while you can.

Unknown said...

That's true. For a few mil, I'd promote Bud Light as well.

Hell, for seven figures, I might actually drink it.

Unlike Pitbull. He'll hold it, he'll do the beer-bottle salute, but you never see him actually drinking it do you???

Unknown said...

Haha, that pregnant woman looks exactly like a previous landlady of mine. (Beer, fag and pregnancy included.)

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Woo Hooo, now I don't have to have that pregger chick in the bar order my beer for me anymore! Yesss!

The Beans said...

Good Lord. And I thought that this ad was limited to just being broadcast in the Miami vicinity. o_O So, it really is nationwide?

¡Dolly!

-Barb the French Bean

Unknown said...

He is Mister Worldwide, after all. I guess that includes Idaho.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!