Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

4/13/12

How Would You Like to Own a Water Park in the Middle of Nowhere?

I spend a lot of time in 'the middle of nowhere.'  It seems like there is a 'middle of nowhere' in every state I visit.

In the middle of nowhere in Utah, there is an upside-down penis statue.

In the middle of nowhere in Idaho, there is a mountain with numbers painted on it and deserted towns.

In the middle of nowhere in Montana, there is a water park.  And it's for sale...

Introducing the the Big Timber Waterslide, a run-down old water park halfway between Billings and Bozeman, Montana.

So you have an idea of how out of the way it is, here is a map of Montana...


Big Timber is 100 miles away from any 'major' Montana town, and by 'major' keep in mind there are only 1 million people in the entire state.  Big Timber has a population of 1,650, and the town has its own water park.

Heh, go figure.

It is right off the freeway, and I see it whenever I'm driving into Billings.  These pictures have to be at least 5-10 years old, because from the road it looks old, ratty, and falling apart.

I myself wouldn't go in one of those slides unless it gets some serious construction done first...

But hey, if you're looking for investment opportunities and want to specialize in the unique and obscure, this may just be the thing for you.

If you go to their website, there is a number to call for more info.  If you purchase the park, give me a shout-out and I'll come visit on your grand opening.
Please Share it! :)

15 witty retorts:

Tony Van Helsing said...

If you build it, they won't come.

Unknown said...

When I was growing up there was an amusement park about an hour away in a town of maybe 20,000 people. I remember when it closed and it sat there rotting away for close to 20 years before someone bought it and fixed it up. Now it is an awesome water and amusement park with some great roller coasters.

However I think Dog Patch USA is still on the market as well.

For some reason Arkansas has had a good run of run down amusement parks!

www.sweetydarlin.blogspot.com

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

So many crazy hidden treasures on the roadside of America...

A waterpark in Montana, tho? Not exactly the tropics, but who am I to stop them!

Crack You Whip said...

I know someone who built a huge mobile home park out in the middle of nowhere because the land was cheap.

10 years later there are maybe 10 mobile homes in the park. Some people just aren't cut out for business. I'll pass on the water park.

Hey Monkey Butt said...

I see a place like this on our trips to Florida. It's been a while, but same thing. Ratty old looking place that kinda scares me, tee hee. If I had the money I'd totally buy that place, just for play time. lol...

The Management said...

I sincerely hope that my dad does not see this. He would be ALL OVER IT. Some people. ;)

Pish Posh said...

What the hey?! We have a town of like 40,000 and we had to argue for like 2 or 3 years just to get a new public pool. How on earth did they convince residents to support this. Did they really think they would bring in tourists?

SIGH. From a person who lives in the middle of nowhere in a state with less than 1 million people

Julie Ferguson said...

I will invite you to the opening.

Just Keepin It Real, Folks! said...

That slide looks awesome!!! I'm checking with my banker to see if I can get a loan. Montana may soon boast 1 million and 1 residents. WHOO HOO!!!!!

mamtc said...

They could invite Paris Hilton to do a live sex video near the waterpark, voila you have competitor for Disneyland.
If they built a waterpark in middle of town they cant expand it.

middle child said...

Would you think less of me if I said I wanted to go the the middle of nowhere Utah?

Q said...

Who builds a water park in the middle of nowhere in a state where the average summer temperature probably rarely reaches 85 degrees? You would get a month or two of usage out of this thing at best. Someone should turn it into a ski resort and get more use out of it.

The Beans said...

What Tony said. :P

-Barb the French Bean

Random Girl said...

It was a good idea at one point, or so someone and their banker thought for a minute.

Unknown said...

Lovely timber structure there. Reminiscent of an australian timber furniture. Anyway, I'm sure when that water park structure was built, it was essentially meant for communities and businesses to follow and flourish. Apparently, there was not enough push from the government to have that realized that's why whoever the private entity involved in building that property has gone broke.

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!