Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

8/9/13

Making Road Trips More Tolerable


I work too hard, and drive too much.  I drove 57,000 miles for work last year, and I am on pace this year to hit about 62,000.

That's over 1,000 miles a week, yo.  I'm not a long-distance truck driver, I'm a salesman.  Which means driving, stopping, seeing accounts, then driving some more.

I'm away from home a lot, and the fatigue adds up.  It's both a physically and mentally draining job, but I still love what I do.

Recently I was gone for 10 days straight.  I had a trade show in Las Vegas, and bookended the trip with visits to see my kids in California, and my dad's side of the family in Arizona.  It made for a LONG trip.

But wifey to the rescue.

In my suitcase, I found a pile of cards with specific instructions.  "Open this Monday afternoon."  "Open this anytime you need a smile or a pick-me-up."

Each card had something hand-crafted from her, with either an "I love you" message or something uplifting to keep my spirits up.

I had a great time with my boys.  I had a good workweek.  Overall the trip was fun but it was very exhausting.  Her cards kept me smiling and kept me moving forward.

This is why she rocks.


Eleven cards in total, all different, all planned to push me through my trip.  Needless to say, she was thanked when I finally got home.

Do you ever do things like this for your better half?  It's so easy to just send flowers.  To put something creative and unique like this together is better than any bouquet out there.
Please Share it! :)

0 witty retorts:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!