Ads 468x60px

Subscribe:

8/27/13

I'm Hunting Wabbits

And by wabbits, I mean a new job.

I'm still working, but I feel the chemistry isn't as strong as it used to be at my current workplace.

We're going in two separate directions.

It's not you, it's me.

While I like who I work with and what I do, I don't see this being a long-term, 'let's rule the world together' career anymore.  I feel I can do better, and find greener pastures.

So the hunt is on.  Feelers are out.  I'm talking with people, and may leverage a job-change with an environment-change as well.  We'll see.

But the fun question:  When I find my 'greener grass,' how should I give my notice?

I can't exactly write a 'fuck you' sign and post it at my company.  That, and again, I like most of the people I work for.  This is a 'it's not you, it's me (but it's really mostly you)' situation, so I'd like to not burn the bridge.

And since I'm 600 miles from my actual home office, I have 1 of 2 ways:

I can email them a traditional 'thank you, but BUH BYE' 2-week notice.

Or I could deliver something to them.  Like a cake.

The man who founded mrcake.co.uk gave his notice by showing off his cake-making skills.  It was respectful, funny, memorable, and got him a lot of good PR since this picture has been passed around and around the internet.

But I have no cakemaking skills.

And, although I love Mr. Cake's style, I'm not going to get a cake delivered all the way from the UK to the Western US.

So what do I do?

Can I go to Costco and ask for a strawberry-filled cake in the shape of a large middle-finger?

Or should I get a Mrs. Field's giant cookie, with my two-week notice scrawled on the top?

Finally, I found this picture:


I love this, and I could time my 'official' notice to arrive (via email) 5 minutes after the delivery arrives.

And I bet, no matter how the cake actually tastes, this cake will be so so sweet.

Have any of you ever quit in a creative way?  If so, please share with a comment below!
Please Share it! :)

0 witty retorts:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Sometimes they end up being better than the initial post! Come join in on the fun... (and remember, you can post anonymously)

And if you like the post, feel free to share! Stumble, Digg, Tweet, go bananas!